VM2 white are in stock and shipping
The NEAR® VM2 all-environment loudspeaker is elegantly designed, rugged to the extreme and a snap to install. It employs a ball and socket “signature” mounting system combined with a pre-terminated totally waterproof “Perfect Fit” input connector. This mounting system minimizes installation effort and reduces “ladder time” to improve installation efficiency and safety. The VM2 utilizes a 5.25-inch MDT/MLS woofer with a 1-inch titanium-alloy inverted dome tweeter for perfectly life-like sound dispersed evenly over a wide area.
Like other NEAR speakers, the VM2 is truly weather-proof, not just “weather-resistant” and can be used totally exposed to the elements. It is available in white and black and can be painted to match the surroundings. The color-matched grilles are oxidation-resistant heavy gauge powder coated aluminum with rectangular perforations that inhibit water from clogging the holes and blocking high frequencies. The bass port is protected from moisture, debris and critter ingress with a special hydrophobic fabric.
NEAR VM series models are backed by an exceptional 7 year warranty.
Best of all is the sound quality. The VM2’s wide dispersion design and high tech components ensure that everyone on the deck or patio hears well-balanced, lifelike sound at every volume level without fatigue.
The VM2 utilizes an MDT metal alloy diaphragm woofer with a 1-inch titanium-alloy inverted dome tweeter along with the Magnetic Liquid Suspension (MLS)technology patented by New England Audio Resource in 1993. These are the same materials and technologies employed throughout the NEAR product line to ensure timbre consistency and system design flexibility.
- Purpose-built to be extremely durable in all weather conditions
- Seven year warranty
- Anodized metal alloy speaker cones (MDT) maintain spec across a wide spectrum of ambient temperatures for consistent performance in every season
- Waterproof (IP68) “Perfect Fit” input connector eliminates long-term connection problems
- MLS Ferrofluid voice coil centering system
- Fluid-sealed gap eliminates corrosion in magnet
- Dual-layer voice coil with inside and outside windings for ultra-low distortion
- Mineral-filled Polypropylene cabinet for durability and rigidity
- Advanced polymer cone surrounds resist UV rays, chlorine, fertilizer and salt spray
- Powder coated cast aluminum bracket features a ball-and-socket easy mount design
- Specially developed hydrophobic fabric covers port opening to prevent entry of water, debris and small creatures
- Colors: Available in black and white (both paintable)
- Driver Complement: (1) 5.25” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Woofer, MLS Voice Coil Guidance, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround; (1) 1” Titanium-alloy Diaphragm Tweeter, Ferrofluid Damping, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround, Corrosion-Resistant Magnet Assembly
- Frequency Response – 58Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity (1W/1M) – 88dB @ 8 Ohms
- Dispersion – Minimum 120 Degrees, Horizontal & Vertical
- Recommended Amplifier Power – up to 150W
- Dimensions – 6.875”W x 9.75”H x 8.125”D / 17.5cm W x 24.8cm H x 20.6cm D
- Product Weight (with mounting bracket) 6.5lb. / 2.95kg
- Shipping Weight –7.5 lb. / 3.4kg
- Input Terminations – Waterproof Plug-in Connector Included (IP68 Rating)
- Environmental – Designed to Meet or Exceed Mil-Std-810 (Humidity, Salt Air, Heat, Cold, Immersion); IEC IP 56
Specifications subject to change without notice