The RCC160 MKII features Artison’s Reactance Cancelling Configuration, an innovation that eliminates unwanted mechanical forces that cause unwanted vibration and distortion; this means all you hear is the music as the artist intended.
Built around Savant’s next generation subwoofer speaker technology and sold in pairs, the RCC160 offers the equivalent of two eight-inch subwoofers. Offering the RCC160 MK II in two separate enclosures allows system designers to intelligently place each subwoofer where they can provide the smoothest and most accurate in-room bass response.
Today’s clients, architects, and interior designers require an ever-higher level of aesthetic continuity. To meet and exceed these demands, Savant offers in-ceiling speakers and subwoofers designed to match USAI Lightings BeveLED 2.2 range of premium lighting.
- Redesigned from the ground up, the MK II RCC subwoofers are based on an all-new four-inch by six-inch driver that provides deep, articulate, and powerful bass
- Twice the excursion – Excursion is the linear distance a driver travels from its resting position. Increased excursion equates to a greater dynamic presentation.
- Optimized DCR (DC resistance) ¬– The DC Resistance of the voice coils is optimized to allow more subwoofers to be connected in-series to a single RCC1000-SA amplifier. The all-new voice coil allows for up to four RCC320 subwoofers to be connected to a single RCC100-SA amplifier.
- Pistonic Driver Technology – In order to deliver accurate sound, high sound pressure levels, and no distortion to the music, the entire surface area of the speaker cone must remain in perfect alignment throughout its frequency-range. The all-new RCC subwoofer speaker behaves as a perfect piston throughout its musical range, so you can enjoy the realism and response of a perfect subwoofer system.
- Solid Aluminum Cabinets
- The ideal subwoofer cabinet needs to be a balance of cost, stiffness, mass, and dampness (resonances). Aluminum, more than other popular materials such as MDF (medium-density fiberboard), achieves a perfect balance between these four critical elements. Additionally, anodized aluminum is impervious to the outside elements, making the IP65 rated RCC320 a perfect solution for outdoor entertainment.
- Elegant Grille Options
- Grille Plastic ID updated to match IP MICRO Aperture Speakers
- New included HVAC Style Ceiling grille
- Easy Install
- Installs into a standard 2 x 4 stud bay pre or post construction