The Black Series BMA6012P 60W 12 channel amplifier is a major step forward in installation amplifiers technology. It features either Twelve Zone mono channels (70V) or Six Stereo Zones (8/4 Ohm) or a combination of both 70V and 8/4 Ohm 85% class D design technology, can operate as 6 independent Stereo Zone amplifiers. Self-explanatory Input and Output connections are easy to follow since any of the 12 mono amplifiers can be connected to either 70-Volt, 8-Ohm or 4-ohm speaker circuits.
The Black Series BMA6012P is a major step forward in installation amplifiers technology, It features either 12 Zone mono channels (70V) or 6 Stereo Zones (8/4 Ohm) or a combination of both 70V and 8/4 Ohm. 85% class D design technology, can operate as 6 independent Stereo Zone amplifiers. Self-explanatory Input and Output connections are east to follow since any of the 12 mono amplifiers can be connected to either 70-Volt, 8-Ohm or 4-Ohm speaker circuits. Each of the 12 mono amplifiers has their own input and output connectors and level Controls. Up to 6 stereo Zones (4-Ohm or 70-Volt at 50Watts/channel), 6 mono/bridged Zone amplifiers (110 Watt bridged 8-Ohm). Each Zone can be configured independently allowing a combination of Stereo 4-Ohm or 70Volt and Mono/Bridged 8-Ohm. Dual function LEDs on the front panel provide both activity and Clip indication for each of the amplifiers. Additional features selectable on the back panel include 6 Limiter Button and 6 Stereo/Bridge modes for the individual Stereo or Bridged Mono Zones. The Channel Input Line/Bus switch selects between either Bus Input (button depressed) or the individual Zone’s Input signal. The Black Series BMA6012P includes RS232 for IP interface with Home Automation Systems.
- Independently switchable on each Zone between it’s zone-specific stereo inputs and a mono global audio balanced input.
- Each Zone is also independently Stereo/Bridge switch to select a single mono output for single speaker use or higher output power.
- Each Zone independently controllable via RS232, IR and voltage trigger lines.
- Each Zone individual Trigger Outputs (+12V DC) to indicate the status of each Zone.
- The unit has front panel “zone on” and “zone overload” indicators.
- Master Global Trigger In )+3 to +30V DC) and Trigger Out (+12V DC).
- Detachable screw-terminal connectors for Global Balanced Audio Input/Output, IR, Sense and Speaker Outputs.
Physical location and mounting:
- 1. The Black Series BMA6012P is convection cooled. That is, it depends on the natural free flow of air up through the slot perforations in the bottom plate, over the internal heat dissipating fins, then out the top cover, for adequate cooling.
- 2. The Black Series BMA6012P is designed for mounting into the standard 19″ (483mm) racks or on flat horizontal surfaces.
- 3. If mounted in an equipment cabinet or other confining location, allow at least 2 inches of space above the top cover. Be sure there are large openings in the shelf below the unit and in the cabinet to allow the entry of cool air and the escape of warm air.
- 4. If the cabinet contains other heat generating components or you are using several Black Series BMA6012P, you will have to pay even lose attention to adequate ventilation.
- 5. Do not hesitate to use fans (quiet, boxer type), if necessary, to ensure a constant flow of air through the Black Series BMA6012P’s and the other heat generating components.
- 6. When installing the Black Series BMA6012P in a rack, please use racks that feature support provision. Adding a single RU (Rack Unit) above and below the Black Series BMA6012P will improve convection in heavy use applications. [One Rack Unit size = 1-3/4″ (44.5mm) in height].
- 7. In some installations, you may have large bundles of wire and cable to accommodate audio and speaker connections. Be sure to allow enough room for the leads and dress them in such a manner so as not to block airflow.